Position: Education Centre Administration Officer & Focal Point (Athens)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder may have contact with children|
- Administrative support to the Educational Program, including administrative assistance to educators
- Monitoring of attendance/ participation per class and organizing of classes/room bookings in collaboration with educators and project coordinator
- Communication with students/ beneficiaries, educators, project coordinator and public
- Research of educational opportunities for the beneficiaries/ target group(s) of the Educational Program
- Coordination and support of educational and recreational activities, including events and community meetings
- Development of synergies and partnerships for the organization of educational, cultural and community building activities
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the teachers’ requests/ needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Maintain updated contact lists of students/ beneficiaries and potential students
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes, activities, events
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Receive, log and follow-up on requests from staff and students for material and supplies
- Translate project related documents from English to Greek and vice versa
- University Degree in Humanities, Political Science, Communications, Business Administration, and/or related field.
- Experience in working with NGOs and/or client-oriented services
- Greek and English knowledge is necessary
- High computer literacy
- Field experience working with refugees/migrants and/or other vulnerable groups
- Strong communication skills
- Being patient
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to motivate others
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 27th, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN Education Centre Administration Officer & Focal Point (Athens)”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.