Job title: Education Coordinator Northern Greece
Status: Full Time
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of a refugee non-formal education project in close cooperation with the key project staff, HQ team and partners, and in compliance with all contractual obligations towards the donor and in accordance with the SolidarityNow SOPs.
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the organization.
- Collaborate with responsible staff on the development and execution of project plans and monitoring processes and results achieved against the project indicators.
- Follow implementation plans and timetables.
- Submit activity reports.
- Lead and motivate the team, monitor activities and coordinate work.
- Collaborate with teaching staff to design a curriculum tailored to refugee needs and support its implementation through guidance and review when necessary.
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employ resourcefulness in project implementation and monitoring. Identify and suggest creative solutions.
- Conduct field visits, and work and participate in field activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Perform any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
- Assist the Thessaloniki team with the overall planning of the assigned project’s activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution preferably in Education Policy, or alternatively in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related
- At least 1-year practical experience in humanitarian response
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Familiarity with the humanitarian process
- Proven understanding and experience of advocacy and policy change work within a humanitarian context
- Proven skills in networking and relationship building
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills
- Excellent writing and facilitation skills
- Strong communication and representational skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to work alone and on one’s own initiative
- Cultural sensitivity
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 03 November 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN Education Coordinator Northern Greece”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.