Job title: Educational Officer (Mother -Tongue)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Part Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
- Provide after-school Arabic language classes according to refugee and migrant population needs
- Develop an educational curriculum targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of teenagers and children
- Provide homework support for the children who attend formal education
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support education, recreational and various activities
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate referrals to available support
- Engage with parents, schools and communities in order to improve attendance and respond to students’ needs
- Excellent command of Arabic and at least of one more language, either Greek or English
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Education (any subject) or Arabic Language will be a strong asset
- Professional (or volunteer) experience in educational programs for refugees or rural/vulnerable communities or experience teaching Arabic as a foreign language will be a strong asset
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and mainly primary education
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills
- Knowledge of report writing
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, March 11, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN Educational Officer_ (Mother -Tongue)”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.