Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Manager
Under the supervision of the Head of Operations, the Procurement & Logistics Manager is responsible for (1) Procurement, (2) Asset Management, (3) Fleet Management, (4) Warehousing of all staff working in the Procurement and Logistics Unit.
Status: Full Time
Location: Athens (Nationwide Travel might be requested)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate the smooth and timely procurement process of all purchased items and services according to the SN Policy.
- In close coordination with the Head of Operations ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective strategies to save time through the use of framework contracts, improved coordination of purchasing and developing procurement plans.
- Conduct efficient and collaborative procurements which are corporately compliant (advice, tendering, evaluation award & contract management).
- Ensure all donors procurement procedures are related to procurement activities.
- Ensure systematic process of transporting items from suppliers to field locations, ensuring full control of movement and receipt of items.
- Ensure that the procurement processes are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure that vendor eligibility screening is carried out and updated regularly.
- Ensure logistics staff involved in procurement are fully aware of all SN procurement policy and procedures.
- Supervise inventory management for all facility assets.
- Overview the motor vehicle scheduling and management.
- Supervise and evaluate service providers’ performance.
- Attend and report on external meetings with local partners, NGOs and other actors.
- Represent organization and its interests in the field and ensure good and regular communication.
- Prepare weekly logistics reports for supervisor containing current developments, achievements, and working plans for the following week and ensure that supervised staff submits such reports in an accurate manner.
Knowledge and Experience
- BA Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar level qualification
- Proven experience of a minimum of three years in humanitarian logistics (in international NGOs) with progressively senior management responsibilities;
- Strong knowledge of donor guidelines and regulations, compliance requirements and procedures (UNHCR, ECHO).
- Working experience in logistics and procurement management within NGOs and experience in managing a diverse team in an often-stressful environment.
- Excellent planning and decision-making capabilities and excellent ability to execute systems.
- Experience in managing and leading other staff teams.
- Ability to multitask, think creatively and work with little supervision in an often-stressful environment.
- Very good reporting skills.
- Ability to establish harmonious working relations in an international and multicultural environment and manage a diverse and growing team.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel and MS Word
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Procurement & Logistics Manager_ Athens”.
Not later than by Friday 1st of September 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.