Position: Project Coordinator
Starting Date: February 1st
Status: Full Time
Line Management: Programmes Director
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
|The Blue Dots Project: SolidarityNow, in collaboration with UNICEF, is implementing the ‘Comprehensive service provision for the integration and well-being of refugee children and families’ programme, creating Child & Family Care Hubs for children, women and other vulnerable people living in refugee camps. Every Child & Family Care Unit is a safe place for refugee children and their families, while the range of services offered at each one includes legal counselling, psychosocial support, info provision, case management, non-formal education services and more, towards a holistic approach. The project is being implemented in thirteen sites across mainland Greece.|
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of project management and the successful implementation of the Blue Dots Programme. (S)he will provide broad administrative, programmatic and financial support to the project, including direct assistance to the implementation AND close monitoring and evaluation of the undertaken initiatives. Under the guidance of the Programmes Director, the successful candidate will be able to multitask, perform vigorous follow-up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the people on the move.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating the operational and administrative actions, ensuring that planned activities are implemented according to the approved projects documents, in close cooperation with project staff, HQ teams and partners, in compliance with contractual obligations and in accordance with the SolidarityNow’s Policies and Procedures;
- Supervision and direct management of four staff – sector experts in North and Southern Greece;
- Maintaining liaison and collaboration relationships with donors, authorities and stakeholders;
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
- Developing and following implementation plans and timetables;
- Producing progress, activity and other reports as per request and ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Planning project expenditures and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
- Ensuring protection of refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable populations of concern, in accordance with international humanitarian standards and legally binding obligations;
- Planning and supervising the development, implementation and monitoring of standard operating procedures in relation to protection mechanisms and activities;
- Conducting field visits/work and participating in field activities on an ad hoc basis;
- Contributing to the development of management, logistics, administrative & monitoring tools and techniques, while also supporting project staff’s capacity building on aspects relating to effective project management;
- Performing any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested;
- In collaboration with other Programmes staff, support the development of new funding proposals
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Project Management preferably in the humanitarian and/or development sector and in the area of Child Protection and / or Education in particular;
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements;
- Knowledge of PCM and financial management;
- Experience in working with IOs, NGOs as well as with governmental and local authorities;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek; a third language (related to the people on the move emergency) would be considered as an asset;
- Good knowledge and competence of IT applications and software;
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme;
- Ability to work with and coordinate activities of more than 50 field staff
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and priorities workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Understanding of the people on the move emergency and the socio-economic hardship aspects, demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organization
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in english to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Project Coordinator_UNICEF _ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Closing date: 25 January 2019
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.