Location: 1 position Athens & 1 position Ioannina
Job Title : Social Worker – Kοινωνικός Λειτουργός
Status: Full Time
Locations: Ioannina (1) – Athens (1)
Position Summary: The Social Worker is expected to provide psychosocial support, assess the needs, ensure proper case management for beneficiaries ;identify vulnerabilities and refer to available services, accompany beneficiaries to different services.
Position within the Organization
Reporting line: Team Leader
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||the job holder will have regular contact with children|
Social Services Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to refugees.
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Accompany beneficiaries to various services when needed.
Data base and Case related info management
- Complete and maintain brief and Full Social History
- Collaborate with other actors in the area (public sector, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiary with the services needed
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries
- Organise group activities for beneficiaries aiming towards their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Required qualifications and skills
- Social Workers Degree
- Social Workers Permission of Work
- 1 year experience in Relevant Position (at least 6 months in project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Familiar with the services and mechanism provided in the area of Ioannina
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation –new Law)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Field Working Experience entry points , Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 , mentioning in the email subject Social Worker_Ioannina or Social Worker _Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.