Location: Athens (Nationwide and International Travel applies)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
- Reports to the General Manager
- Directly supervises 2 persons
The main objective of this position is to define the fundraising strategy of SN aiming at diversifying SN’s income to secure the implementation of our social programs.
The Head of Fundraising (FR) reports directly to SN General Manager. SN’s fundraising Unit is a new Unit and is the result of the ongoing restructuring. The Head of FR will undertake its’ setting up, define the strategy, propose the policies and develop the FR team. The Head of FR will have to work closely with the Communications Department for all activities that include external communication, with the Finance Department for the close monitoring of FR results and with the Programs Department for the definition of the needs to be covered.
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
- Develops, proposes and implements the fundraising strategy and adjusts according to needs of the organization
- Scans the environment to seize fundraising opportunities and strategic partnerships and assesses risks related to fundraising
- Prepares and monitors the annual plan and the annual budget of the Fundraising Unit
- Plans, monitors and reviews strategy and plans to attract and build relationships with Private donors, Foundations and Corporate Donors
- Designs and oversees implementation of Fundraising Campaigns and events
- Measures the effectiveness of FR initiatives
- Develops Fundraising Tools (CRM) and Fundraising Channels
- Oversees development of FR proposals
- Supervises the production of on-line and off-line FR material
- Develops, trains, supervises the personnel of the FR Unit and provides them with targets, sets clear roles and responsibilities
- Ensures that the organization complies with GDPR regulations
- Represents the organization in FR fora and events
- Seeks to understand field reality and is able to transfer it to engage people in SN’s work
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field such as Marketing, Public Relations, Communication/Journalism, or other equivalent ; Masters’ in Fundraising or other desired
- 3 years of experience in a managerial position in Communications or Fundraising
- Experience in Fundraising in an NGO or Charity strongly desirable
- Experience in digital marketing
- Field/Project experience with a development or humanitarian organization desirable
- Demonstrable experience of developing a team
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Strategic Vision
- Out-of the box thinking, creative
- People’s management
- excellent inter-personal skills
- Cultivating relations , maintain and nurture networks
- Public speaking skills
- Strong Interest to work for SN
- Digital -savvy
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in english to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN FR Head”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 31st January 2019
Only short listed candidates will receive a written reply.