Position: LEGAL COUNSEL AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Location: Athens (Nationwide Travel might be requested)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
- Giving accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient strategies
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Facilitating the organization’s compliance with other non-profit, programmatic and fundraising rules and regulations
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, corporate finance, programming etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient strategies, programs, etc.
- Identify active and potential legal issues and suggest alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Ensure that organization conducts its non-profit activities in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions, operations and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on all legal matters
- Advice and participate in the preparation of implementation of a program
- Offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate with external parties creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements (program and partner agreements, MOUs, vendor agreements), tenders, contracts (real estate leases, etc.) and other legal documents (grant/donation documentation) to ensure the company’s legal rights both domestically and internationally
- Deal with complex matters
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct the work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment (minimum 10 years’ experience with a combination of law firm and in house counsel)
- Excellent knowledge of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive and proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Outstanding communication skills
- Degree in Law and Athens Bar Membership
- Different languages skills
- Previous experience working in or with an NGO or international organization highly desirable
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN LEGAL COUNSEL AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER _ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Monday, November 20th, 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.