Position: Project Assistant – LGBTI Programme
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Part-time (4 hours / day)
Duration: fixed term until May 2019
Line Management: Reports to the Project Manager
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
The project aims to bridge the gap between civil society organisations working in the humanitarian area and those working to support the LGBTI community, including aspects of social inclusion, integration and capacity building. The project aims to raise awareness on the vulnerable social group of LGBTI refugees & asylum seekers by increasing the knowledge, understanding, skills and awareness of all relevant stakeholders.
Job Purpose: To provide all-round support to the Project Manager and contribute to the effective implementation of the project
The responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Overall administrative support
- Completing relevant project documentation
- Supporting with organisational procedures such as procurement and compiling of necessary financial documentation
- Outreach to beneficiaries and relevant organisations
- Organisation of trainings – booking space, materials, trainers etc.
- Scheduling and preparing meetings and activities, including invitations
- Preparing reports and briefings related to the project
- Assisting in the preparation and distribution of communication and other materials
- Representing the project in discussions and interacting with colleagues and external actors, informing them about the project and relative aspects.
- Undertaking other duties appropriate to the project implementation
- At least 2 years of experience in an Administrative position or Project Management
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Proven administrative support experience under pressure
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to work as part of a team as well as being independently motivated
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Tools, (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Experience in community engagement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Reliable, trustworthy and committed to team’s success
- Previous experience working with vulnerable groups and refugee populations
- Experience working with the LGBTI community
- Previous experience in the NGO/humanitarian sector
- Knowledge of Greek
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN Project Assistant_LGBT Programme”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: December 2nd, 2018
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.