Job Title: SN Interpreter – Διερμηνέας
Status: Full Time
Duration: 4 months renewable
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
- Provide interpretation of Business and soft skills training sessions from English to Arabic for two weeks at a time
- Provide interpretation for interviews during selection process of training participants
- Ensure smooth interaction between beneficiaries (and trainer) while classes, briefings or sessions are conducted
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with trainers and project staff regarding content of training
- Ensure accurate information is transferred to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally acceptable way.
- Translate communication from English to Arabic and back (emails, whatsapp messages).
- Translate texts and documents of informational or promotional nature.
- Translate Business Model Canvases from Arabic to English or any other tasks assigned to training participants.
- Provide clear and accurate interpretation in Mentoring sessions of students selected to follow mentoring and interpret the 16 hours.
- Participate in outreach or promotion of the programme when required
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities among beneficiaries and facilitate their access to available aid
- In charge of the daily attendance and signatures of all participants
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform ofany relevant change
- Participate occasionally in ‘extracurricular’ activities and events i.e. graduation ceremony for Business4YOUth participants.
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in Arabic
- Excellent written communication and translation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong professional ethics
- Previous Experience in Relevant Position Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in English
- Strong team player and ability to take initiative when needed
- Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or at the borders).
- Experience or background in business or entrepreneurship field, either relevant studies, previous employment in business management/as an entrepreneur, or participation in business related trainings.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN ARABIC_Interpreter”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 01st February 2019
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.