Job Title: SN Interpreter – Διερμηνέας
Status: Full Time
Duration: 4 months renewable
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
- Provide interpretation of Business and soft skills training sessions from English to Arabic for two weeks at a time
- Provide interpretation for interviews during selection process of training participants
- Ensure smooth interaction between beneficiaries (and trainer) while classes, briefings or sessions are conducted
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with trainers and project staff regarding content of training
- Ensure accurate information is transferred to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally acceptable way.
- Translate communication from English to Arabic and back (emails, whatsapp messages).
- Translate texts and documents of informational or promotional nature.
- Translate Business Model Canvases from Arabic to English or any other tasks assigned to training participants.
- Provide clear and accurate interpretation in Mentoring sessions of students selected to follow mentoring and interpret the 16 hours.
- Participate in outreach or promotion of the programme when required
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities among beneficiaries and facilitate their access to available aid
- In charge of the daily attendance and signatures of all participants
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform ofany relevant change
- Participate occasionally in ‘extracurricular’ activities and events i.e. graduation ceremony for Business4YOUth participants.
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in Arabic
- Excellent written communication and translation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong professional ethics
- Previous Experience in Relevant Position Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in English
- Strong team player and ability to take initiative when needed
- Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or at the borders).
- Experience or background in business or entrepreneurship field, either relevant studies, previous employment in business management/as an entrepreneur, or participation in business related trainings.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN ARABIC_Interpreter”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 01st February 2019
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.