Job Title: SN Interpreter
Starting date: ASAP
- Mediate with beneficiaries while briefings or sessions are conducted
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally acceptable way.
- Mediate between the beneficiaries and/ or the Social Services (psychologist social workers etc.), and the Legal Service
- Database and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the Database upon the instructions of the supervisor
- Maintain the hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries into the database system as required by supervisor
- Participate in field trips and assessments as requested and directed by the supervisor (If Needed)
- Brief the beneficiaries of running programs availability and inform of any relevant change
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Accompany team members on occasional field visits
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in one of the following languages: Farsi, Kurdish, Arabic, or French
- Combination of the above will be highly considered.
- Previous experience in a relevant position (either as a volunteer or professional)
- Familiar with refugee and migration issues
- Cross-Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Sufficient Knowledge in Greek and/or English
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, July 29th, 2018 mentioning in the email subject “SN Interpreter_Thessaloniki”
The Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.