Position: Lawyer (Thessaloniki Solidarity Center)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Position within the Organization:
- Hierarchical Responsible: TSC Team Leader
Child Safeguarding Policy
|The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Legal Services Provision
- Direct legal aid: provide with legal information and advice individually or in group sessions;
- Referrals: map needs, gaps and other services; refer cases to other entities as appropriate and by providing rigorous follow up, ensure that these cases proceed towards resolution
- Case management: Resolve problems through mediation or other informal dispute resolution mechanisms, where appropriate; intervene with a wide range of activities that vary from information provision to court representation
- Maintain records of all activities.
- Provide legal assistance, administrative procedures regarding issuing of birth certificate, tax number and work permit
- Handle the identified legal cases from the sites
- Provide individual counselling on e.g. the asylum procedure/ international protection/ refugee laws and individual rights follow up on cases regarding the European Relocation scheme, Family Reunification, and other cases that need legal assistance
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the Database appropriate
- Brief and Full Social -Legal History taking
- Updating the hard and electronic files per case
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the above-mentioned tasks
- Work with different teams to provide basic outreach information on refugee legal rights to beneficiaries
- Work cohesively with other Social Services colleagues to ensure referrals are made efficiently and in a confidential manner, in kind aid or any other additional provision available is properly facilitated
- Participate in Field Trips and Assessments as requested and directed by the team leader
- Perform other duties, related to the basic Job Description as requested by the team leader
Required qualifications and skills
- Legal Studies Degree
- Registered in Official BAR
- 5 years working experience in practicing Law, at least 3 year of court experience
- Cross Cultural Awareness and sensitiveness
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of War, Torture, Gender-based Violence and the sensitivities and confidentiality measures that this involves.
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal, teamworking & communications skills
- High professional ethics, including strict confidentiality of clients
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of French, Albanian, Bulgarian is an asset
- Field Working Experience entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Familiar with Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g. Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders), Refugee and Migration Law (Asylum processes, Relocation –new Law, Dublin Regulation)
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs, as well as Civil Society organizations or initiatives will be considered as a strong advantage
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “TSC_Lawyer_Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th November 2018
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.