Job Title: SN/ASC Lawyer – Δικηγόρος
Status: Full Time (morning or evening shift)
Child Safeguarding Policy
|The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Position within the Organization:
Reports To: ASC Lawyers Team Leader
Legal counselling and representation to the courts
Maintain records of all activities
- Legal Services Provision
- Prioritize cases
- Identify cases for strategic litigation
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the database
- Brief and Full Legal History intake
- Updating the hard and electronic files per case
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the aforementioned tasks
- Networking and collaboration
- Cultivate and maintain an active collaboration link with other Social Services-NGOs and Governmental Actors within the scope of the project
- Other Duties
- Represent Team in external Meetings and Working Groups as requested by Supervisor
- Collaborate with appointed persons for cash Support, accommodation, in kind aid or any other additional provision available
- Work with mobile teams and other SN project teams to provide basic outreach information on legal rights to beneficiaries
- Perform other duties, related to the basic Job Description as requested by the Supervisor
Required qualifications and skills
- Legal Studies Degree
- Lawyers Permission of Work
- Minimum 7 years working experience in practicing Law
- Familiar with Civil and Criminal Law
- Cross Cultural Awareness and sensitiveness
- High professional ethics, including strict confidentiality of clients
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal, teamworking & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of refugee and/or migration law
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Human Rights Projects
- Knowledge of French language
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, June 24th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN Lawyer/ASC”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.