Τοποθεσία: Serres, Volvi, Ritsona, Elefsina, Kavala, Malakasa, Oinofyta, Thiva, Andravida, Thermopyles
Location: Serres, Volvi, Ritsona, Elefsina, Kavala, Malakasa, Oinofyta, Thiva, Andravida, Thermopyles
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
SN is seeking for a qualified and experienced lawyer, dealing with a wide range of law matters, that people facing multiple discriminations and marginalities must address.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct legal aid: provide legal information and advices individually or in group sessions;
- Referrals: map needs, gaps and other services; refer cases to other entities as appropriate and by providing rigorous follow-up, ensure that these cases proceed towards resolution;
- Case management: resolve problems through mediation or other informal dispute resolution mechanisms, where appropriate; intervene with a wide range of activities that vary from information provision to court representation;
- Maintain records of all activities.
- Minimum three years of experience in practicing law
- Excellent knowledge of the following areas of Greek law: asylum, human rights, family law
- Good knowledge of administrative, welfare or criminal law is desired
- Legal analysis: ability to identify and address legal issues for advice and representation
- Substantial experience of advising and representing individuals with some vulnerability on a professional or voluntary basis
- Previous experience of human rights/protection work, especially of vulnerable social groups, is highly desirable
- Ability to cooperate effectively with other disciplines, in order to maximize the support provided to beneficiaries, as well as ability to adjust communication skills according to the age of the beneficiary
- Fluency in English
- Previous work within an NGO context and child protection is highly desirable
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN Lawyer/location for which you are interested to apply”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 25th January 2019
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply