Location: Boeotia (Thiva)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
SN is seeking for a qualified and experienced lawyer, dealing with a wide range of law matters, that people facing multiple discriminations and marginalities must address.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct legal aid: provide with legal information and advice individually or in group sessions;
- Referrals: map needs, gaps and other services; refer cases to other entities as appropriate and by providing rigorous follow up, ensure that these cases proceed towards resolution
- Case management: Resolve problems through mediation or other informal dispute resolution mechanisms, where appropriate; intervene with a wide range of activities that vary from information provision to court representation
- Maintain records of all activities.
- Minimum five years of experience in practicing law
- Excellent knowledge of two of the following areas of Greek law: asylum, civil and labour, human rights
- Good knowledge of administrative, welfare or criminal law is desired
- Legal analysis: ability to identify and address legal issues for advice and representation
- Substantial experience of advising and representing individuals of limited means on a professional or voluntary basis
- Previous experience of human rights protection work, especially of vulnerable social groups, is highly desirable
- Fluency in English
- Previous work within an NGO context.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Lawyer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 9th of June 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.