Job Title: Social Scientist
Status: Full Time
Position Summary: The Social Scientist will be responsible to support SN beneficiaries throughout their daily routine and the use of the accommodation provided while also to build strong networks within the neighborhoods.
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Provide psychosocial support to beneficiaries regarding their accommodation, safety, hygiene and living costs
- Provide Face to Face counselling and guidance in regards
- Conduct info sessions
- Conduct regular home visits
- Identify vulnerable cases and refer cases to SN Social team and Protection Unit
- Act as liaison between PoCs and neighbors
- Build strong relationships and network between PoCs and neighbors
- Follow up on any damages in the accommodation scheme
Data-base and case-related information management
- Complete and maintain brief and full case archive and database
- Prepare reports as required (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Collaborate with other actors (Public Sector, Private Sector, national and international NGOs) to link project beneficiaries with required services
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive case management
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Required qualifications and skills
- Social Worker or other degree in Social Science, such as psychology, sociology
- Minimum 1-year of relevant experience (at least 6 months supporting refugee and migrant populations)
- Familiar with the services and mechanism provided at Ioannina
- Familiar with refugee and migration issues
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Ability to work with interpreter
- Fluent in Greek and English (both written and spoken)
- Interest to work with vulnerable groups
- Knowledge of Arabic, French or Farsi
- Experience on working with vulnerable groups
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject: Social Scientist_Ioannina.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Closing date: Sunday 4th November 2018
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.