Job Title: Social Worker
Position Summary: The Social Worker is expected to provide psychosocial support, assess the needs, ensure proper case management for beneficiaries; identify vulnerabilities and refer to available services, accompany beneficiaries to different services.
Social Services Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to vulnerable groups which Thessaloniki Solidarity Center supports
- Providing Face to Face counseling and guidance
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available support
- Ensure internal and external referrals are carried out effectively
- Accompany beneficiaries to various services, including hospitals, asylum service, tax authorities etc
- Conduct regular home visits if needed
- Prepare individual and family social plan
Data base and Case related info management
- Brief and full Social History taking
- Collaborate other actor in the area (public sector, NGOs and local organizations) to link the beneficiaries with the services needed
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries
- Organism group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Job Requirements / Skills Required
- Social Workers Degree
- Social Workers Permission of Work
- 3 years’ experience in Relevant Position (at least 2 years in Social Service and project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Field work experience, e.g. in camps or temporary settlements
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups
- Knowledge of Arabic, French or Farsi
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the email subject “TSC_Social Worker”.
Not later than by April 15th of 2019. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.