Position: Head of Accountants
Location: Athens (Nationwide Travel might be requested)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||the job holder does not have contact with children|
- Handles the full spectrum of financial and cost accounting;
- Is responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations;
- Develops and Maintains Internal Controls by defining accounting policies and procedures;
- Is responsible for the Plan of Accounts and monitoring Accounting Entries;
- Characterizes invoices before they are handed to accountants for entry, according to the Plan of Accounts.
- Does the accounting entries for payroll monthly;
- Assists accountants with accounting entries;
- Follows and ensures adherence to Accounting and Tax laws;
- Prepares and submits Tax Returns and Social Security statements;
- Reconciles online Tax submissions (ΚΕΠΥΟ);
- Is responsible for the preparation of timely monthly consolidated Financial Statements, Payments, Cash-flow management and Financial Reporting to stakeholders;
- Is responsible for the annual closing of accounts;
- Manages fixed asset accounting;
- Monitors supplier accounts;
- Monitors donation tax;
- Participates in financial evaluation of Vendors;
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Participates in Financial Audits by coordinating preparation of financial documentation required;
- Guides other departments with regards to the accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues;
- Resolves problems; determines system improvements; implements change;
- Protects organization by keeping information confidential;
- Works consultatively with operational departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Education: University Degree in Finance and/or Accounting (Master’s degree or Professional Certifications in Accounting highly desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of latest Greek Tax and Accounting Policies and Standards and associated regulatory issues and trends;
- Thorough knowledge and experience in double entry bookkeeping;
- Deep understanding and knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Solid work experience of at least 15 years as an Accountant in a certified Accounting Practice;
- Experience of European Programs and reporting would be an advantage;
- Work experience at an NGO would be an advantage, but not a prerequisite;
- Very good knowledge of Accounting Software packages (knowledge of Union Accounting Software and Microsoft accounting solutions would be an asset)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines;
- Experience of Managing a team;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent strategic planning skills and ability to interact with all levels;
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral) in Greek and English;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn;
- Professional attitude towards work;
- Pro-active and results oriented
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Accountant_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Monday 23th of October 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.