Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder does not contact with children
Reports To Programme coordinator
The Admin & Grants Officer is a member of the core coordination team of the project. He/she serves as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments (Log, HR, FIN) and external parties. She/he handles administrative duties, analyzes and improves office processes, ensuring organizational policies are in place and the smooth operation of the project in N. Greece. He/she is also responsible for collecting the necessary information and data, update the project’s database, and prepare statistical and other reports as requested. He/She is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of 2 grants provided by SN to organizations in N. Greece and ensures the smooth managing of the said partnerships.
Responsibilities and Duties
Provides logistics and admin support to the Project Coordinator.
- Coordinates progress reports received from the field teams to facilitate programme reporting.
- Assists and participates in HR processes such as recruitment, training, briefings, evaluation and development of staff.
- Places calls and writes letters to local & institutional authorities and other organizations.
- Responsible for purchases in coordination with the Procurement Department.
- Participates in field trips and assessments, as requested and directed by Project Coordinator.
- Collaborates with Finance Department regarding payments, purchase requests, etc.
- Undertakes any other tasks requested by the Project Coordinator.
Coordinates the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the 2 grants provided by SN to partner organizations in N. Greece.
- Manages relevant budgets and reporting of grantees.
- Maintains strong partnership and effective collaboration with grantees.
- Conducts regular communication and follow up on project implementation including review of progress reports and evaluation of payment requirements.
- Carrying out administrative actions relating to the implementation of projects / grants
- Preparing and reviewing financial and other documentation to support audits in collaboration with the 2 grantees.
- Prepares internal and external programme reports.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (i.e. Humanities, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, Economics or relevant field).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Sound knowledge and experience of NGO humanitarian/development program cycle management and experience of working within a complex organizational structure.
- Project management skills regarding development, staffing, budgeting and scheduling
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Fluency in Greek and English, proficiency in other languages desirable.
- Respect of humanitarian principles.
- Field experience working with refugees/migrants and/or other vulnerable groups would be appreciated.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Admin & Grants officer _ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by November 22nd, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.