Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
- Provide logistics and admin support in general for visits, meetings, and workshops
- Provide regular secretarial tasks, such as taking minutes of staff meetings, correspondence, updating general contact lists, following up on stationary needs
- Filing of general office documents
- Handles communication with beneficiaries and staff of the project.
- Updates and maintains contact lists.
- Develops and maintains effective filing systems, both electronically and hard copy.
- Responsible for the orders of the project in coordination with the Procurement Department
- Provides admin support to ensure compliance with labour law for the project’s staff
- Participate in field trips and assessments, as requested, and directed by the Project Coordinator
- Plan and participate in HR processes such as recruitment, training, briefings, evaluation, and development of staff
- Contribute in preparation of all periodic financial statements and reports, as per donors’ requirements, and prepare any other necessary report and compilations, under the guidance of the Project Coordinator and in collaboration with the Finance Department
- Check invoices and expense reports
- Undertake any other tasks requested by the Project Coordinator when the need arises
Essential skills & Attributes:
- Minimum of one-year relevant work experience in administration of programs, and/or finance and/or human resources
- Excellent IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Greek
- People-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving aptitude
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- University Degree in Humanities, Political Science, Communications, Business Administration, Education and/or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in similar position, preferably in the NGO/humanitarian and/or Employment oriented services.
- Excellent organization, verbal, and written communication skills, in person and over the phone.
- Proven experience of successful administrative support in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency in Greek or English
- Strong sense of initiation, responsibility, ownership, and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Teams business software.
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving attitude.
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Administration Officer_ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by January 11th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.