Job Title: Administrative and Log Assistant
Technical links with the Fin, HR and Log departments
Reports to the Project Coordinator
Starting Date: 01.02.2019
Status: Full Time
The Administrative & Logistics Assistant is a member of the coordination team of the project and serves as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments (Log, HR, FIN) and external parties. She/he handles clerical and administrative duties, analyzes and improves office processes, ensuring organizational policies are in place and the smooth operation of the office.
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
- Implement SN’s internal communication policies and ensure HR reporting for the project
- Find the best options to avoid and/or resolve labour conflicts in the project under the guidance of the HR department
- Update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions, assisting with preparing annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs
- Plan and participate in HR processes such as recruitment, training, briefings, evaluation and development of staff
- Ensure that hiring, contract amendment and termination formalities for project staff are carried out according to internal policies, under the guidance of HR and by preparing and filing all relevant documents
- Plan the Annual Leaves of the Personnel
- Manage logistical and administrative aspects of personnel traveling (tickets, planning of cars, etc)
- Train, supervise and assist with the staff management
- Provide logistics and admin support in general for visits, meetings and workshops
- Provide regular secretarial tasks, such as taking minutes of staff meetings, correspondence, updating general contact lists, following up on stationary needs
- Filing of general office documents
- Undertake any other tasks requested by the Project Coordinator when the need arises
- Place calls and write letters to local authorities
- Responsible for the orders of the project in coordination with the Procurement Department
- Provides admin support to ensure compliance with labor law for all sites where SN staff is working
- Manage field office filing and documentation
- Participate in field trips and assessments, as requested and directed by Supervisor
- Handle travel authorization forms and collects time sheets
- Follow-up on payments from the HQ office
- Support on maintaining an assets’ register at site level
- Assist in preparing project budget and follows up expenditure
- Ensures compliance of expenses with valid account/source of fund /donor combinations
- Contribute in preparation of all periodic financial statements and reports, as per donors’ requirements, and prepare any other necessary report and compilations, under the guidance of the Project Coordinator and in collaboration with the Finance Department.
- Monitors petty cash expenses
- Check invoices and expense reports
- Minimum of two years’ relevant work experience in administration of programs, and/or finance and/or human resources
- Excellent IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Greek
- People-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving aptitude
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Degree in finance, business, management or human resources
- Former experience in NGO project management support function
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN Admin & Log Assistant”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 25h January 2019
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.