Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki (Blue Refugee Center)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2 – The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Reports To: Regional Coordinator
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implements Greek language classes per the student population needs
- Expands and builds on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of the student population
- Provides homework support for those who attend formal education
- Oversees distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintains effective workplans
- Ensures on-going monitoring, tracking, and reporting of classes
- Develops and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Supports education, recreational and various activities
- Contributes to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitates access to available aid
Required qualifications and skills
- Excellent Greek and English
- Degree – Bachelor degree in Greek Literature
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation, and educational administration
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for vulnerable communities
- Experience teaching Greek as a foreign language
- Experience engaging with adults and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and education
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills will be an advantage
- Knowledge of French, Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Adults Greek Teacher _BRC_ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by September 16th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.