Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports To: Deputy General Manager
The Coordinator of the Athens Solidarity Centre is responsible for the daily operation of the centre, including the development of partnerships to extend its impact, raising funds to support its sustainability and widely disseminating its work, bringing information from the field to inform policy work.
Center Operation – Project Management
- Coordinates the Athens Solidarity Center’s daily operation.
- Ensures the quality-of-service provision and oversees the implementation of all the Center’s activities to effectively respond to the needs of beneficiaries.
- Closely monitors ASC activities and achievements in line with monitoring framework, using relevant tools, and proposing solutions to any issues arising.
- Produces progress, activity, and other reports as per request and ensures that all project reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manages the project budget and collaborates with the Finance Dept. for the preparation of budget revisions.
- Ensures that all approved projects and actions are implemented in accordance with SN and donor requirements.
- Oversees the maintenance, purchases, storage & safety of the premises.
- Leads the development and drafting of funding proposals to further the work of the ASC.
- Collaborate with SN Advocacy Manager for the design and implementation of effective advocacy and policy actions to improve the situation for programme beneficiaries.
- Establish and strengthen synergies with programmatic strategy focal points (education, livelihoods, legal aid and social protection).
- Provide contextual updates identified at field level to Senior Management.
Human Resources Management
- Supervises personnel as defined in HR structure, in line with SN policy and procedures.
- Leads HR processes relating to the ASC (recruitment, evaluation, and development).
- Contributes to staff capacity building – mobilization, guidance, coaching and training.
- Mediates conflicts that arise among staff members and beneficiaries.
- Acts as a liaison between the ASC and SN Headquarters and all support departments – Finance, Procurement, HR, Communications, and Monitoring and Evaluation.
Partnerships and Representation
- Represents SN and the ASC with project donors, local communities, civil society actors, regional and state government, and media in consultation with SN Senior Management.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with authorities, local actors, and stakeholders.
- Establish partnerships to support outreach to new populations and bring new organisations to the ASC, making it a multicultural service-provision hub.
- Regularly liaise with local communities creating / maintaining a vivid network of stakeholders and actors in the city.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Social Sciences.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in managerial position, preferably in the NGO/humanitarian.
- Excellent organization, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi/French will be highly appreciated.
- Strong sense of initiation, responsibility, ownership, and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word business software.
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving attitude.
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “ASC Coordinator_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than August 4th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.