Position: Athens Solidarity Centre (ASC) Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Submission until: 13/12/2019
About Athens Solidarity Centre
The Athens Solidarity Centre (ASC) aims to provide holistic support to individuals at risk of social marginalisation and exclusion and paves the way towards their empowerment and self-reliance. Through the operation of the ASC, SolidarityNow aims to provide increased opportunities for integration and social inclusion for vulnerable individuals through the provision of a comprehensive package of services including psychosocial support, employability, legal aid and accounting. Services are provided irrespective of their nationality, religion, race and social status. The Athens Solidarity Centre along with the Thessaloniki Solidarity Centre – successfully operating since January 2014 – consists the backbone of SolidarityNow’s strategy to alleviate the suffering of the those in need while actively working towards a more proactive, open, just and democratic society.
The ASC Coordinator oversees the operation and services of the Athens Solidarity Centre (ASC). (S)he reports to the SN Director of Programmes and collaborates closely with the Programmes team based in Athens. This is a full-time position based in Athens with occasional travel to Thessaloniki and other international destinations, mainly for training and PR related activities (e.g. participation in conferences etc.).
- Ensures quality operations and relevant service provision in close coordination with the Support Services Coordinator and Team Leaders.
- Oversees daily activities of ASC and the implementation of all projects in the centre (both those directly implemented by SN and through project partners) to effectively respond to the needs of all beneficiaries.
- Contributes to the achievement of SN’s overall strategy and objectives in relevant fields (protection, mental health, legal aid, employment, accountancy).
- Ensures that all approved projects and actions are implemented in a timely manner, in line with SN and donor regulations.
- Coordinates the development of activity plans in collaboration with the ASC team and the Program’s Dpt.
- Closely monitors the project’s achievements in line with the agreed framework by using relevant tools.
- Prepares and submits progress and other reports as per donor agreement
- Manages the project budget and collaborates with the Finance Dpt for the preparation of budget revisions.
- Participates in the drafting of new project proposals and applications.
- Participates in the drafting of other programme related documents (e.g. ToRs, log-frames etc.) upon relevant request
- Regularly and consistently assesses the area of intervention in order to identify relevant gaps and/or needs
- Regularly liaise with local communities creating/maintaining a vivid network of stakeholders and actors
- Establishing partnerships to bring in new populations and organisations to the ASC and make it a multicultural service-provision hub
Operations & HR
- Provides day to day guidance for ASC personnel as and when necessary
- Directly supervises ASC personnel as per the defined personnel structure and in line with SN policy and procedures.
- Leads the recruitment process for any new ASC staff
- Contributes to building staff capacity through team mobilization, guidance, coaching and on the job training.
- Represents SN with the project donors, local communities, civil society actors, local branches of the regional and state government and media in consultation and collaboration with SN Management Team.
- At least five years’ experience in a relief, development or advocacy, three of which should be in a managerial capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or any other related fields required or, in the absence of it, over 10 years of experience in similar positions.
- Field-based project management/ implementation experience and familiarity with the civil society space and actors in Greece
- Communication skills (oral and written).
- Strategic thinking /planning skills
- Understanding of humanitarian sector, issues and mechanisms
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Strong negotiation skills
- University Degree Master’s equivalent in law, human rights or other relevant field of studies
- Operational Experience in the humanitarian sector
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter and their Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 13th, 2019 mentioning in the email subject “ASC_Coordinator”.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.