Status: Full Time
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Athens Solidarity Centre Coordinator
- Supervise, coordinate, and guide the ASC Employability Team.
- Organizes and coordinates employability activities (focus groups, counselling sessions, presentations)
- Provide employability support, job matching and career management advice to individuals from vulnerable groups.
- Provide input in the design of new programmes relating to employability.
- Provide information, and capacity development to individuals, tailored to their profile and career goals (including basic IT skills, interview and presentation skills, soft-skills development, CV-building, job searching, contextual information related to the Greek labour market, etc.).
- Analyse and understand current employment context and related opportunities.
- Use labour market information to establish partnerships and collaborations with potential employers and job-seeking platforms, creating further opportunities for the prospective jobseekers.
- Match profile and skills of prospective jobseekers to available vacancies in SN or other suitable vacancies and opportunities.
- Maintain and encourage appropriate referral pathways with an array of stakeholders – private sector, academic / vocational institutions, relevant state actors.
- Carry out information and training sessions with varied groups of people.
- Maintain a data management system to ensure that progress and data are documented and reported in accordance with relevant quality standards.
- Prepare progress reports (narrative and quantitative).
- Represent the Employability Team in external meetings and working groups.
- Review workflow and provide recommendations for increased impact.
- Create and maintain appropriate liaison with employers and networks of employers and update the relevant database accordingly
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in employment support, recruitment, capacity building, and/or training.
- Excellent case management skills and track record of delivering quality services to a large pool of beneficiaries
- Knowledge of the Greek labour market, and how to navigate it to better match opportunities with the profile and skills of a candidate.
- Well organised, structured, and self-disciplined, with excellent time-management skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Good networking and relationship management skills.
- Project / team management experience.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluent in Greek and English (both written and verbal)
- Education in career development, social service and/or human service-related field
- Experience of employment support for people of different backgrounds
- Knowledge of employment Law
- Experience with and knowledge of the NGO sector in Greece.
- Experience in project development
- Prior use of CRM software
- Knowledge of Arabic/ Farsi/French or other relevant languages is desirable
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Athens Solidarity Centre (ASC) Senior Employability Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by May 17th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.