Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2- The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
The data management officer manages and administers database management systems. S/he ensures information coherence, quality, security and permanent accessibility. S/he reports to the Project Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Data entry related to Persons of Concern into the UNHCR database
- Assist in managing routine data collection, including data monitoring
- Ensure data management procedures meet established deadlines
- Provide support in data reporting
- Assist in maintaining correct and up-to-date project data and relevant records
- Use and contribute to maintaining a data system containing confidential information on beneficiary demographics and eligibility for project support and monthly support provision
- Ensure data quality
- Contribute to reporting and provision of accurate and up to date information to project coordinator and monitoring officer
- Support the referral focal point when/if needed
- Ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis and reporting
- Perform any other duties as per request by the Senior Data Management Officer
Qualifications and experience
- University Degree in Humanities, Political Science, Business Administration, Statistics and/or related field.
- Experience in working with NGOs and/or client-oriented services.
- Understanding and knowledge of the humanitarian context and civil society environment in Greece.
- Respect of humanitarian principles.
- Sound knowledge of two of the following languages: Arabic (preferred), Greek, English. Knowledge of Farsi, Dari or other language can be an additional asset.
- High computer literacy.
- Use of ProGRESv4 is highly desirable.
- Field experience working with refugees/migrants and/or other vulnerable groups would be appreciated.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Data Management Officer_Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by November 4, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.