Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki or Athens
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Part Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2 – The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
Reports To: Deputy General Manager
The Education Programme Officer is a member of the Programmes team, offering guidance and support regarding pedagogical material and techniques. S/he develops curricula and educational materials as requested by the project, prepares relevant presentations and materials, organizes, delivers and/or facilitates capacity building sessions for teachers aiming to promote prevention of school violence understanding the needs the context and aligning with the official educational policies. S/he ensures that the educational material and curriculum follow the donor instructions and meet the project’s targets. S/he develops and maintains partnerships with key educational institutions, donors and stakeholders. S/he prepares relevant progress and other reports, papers and material as required by the project. S/he represents the organisation nationally and internationally in relevant fora.
- Undertakes the development of educational material and training manuals for educators on the topic of school violence.
- Provides guidance, training and capacity building to educators, both of formal and non-formal education; collects best practices emerging from the field and disseminates accordingly.
- Organizes and facilitates capacity building and awareness-spreading activities towards public schools and educational authorities.
- Participates actively in meetings and best practices exchange with stakeholders, such as other organizations, representatives of the Ministry of Education etc.
- Determines formats and approaches to achieve the educational project objectives; defines needs of target population; research trends at the national and state level, as appropriate to the position.
- Monitors the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators.
- Participates in the development and/or revision of the project proposals; prepares concept notes, reports and papers as appropriate.
- Performing any other tasks related to the implementation of educational projects as requested.
- University degree (preferably Master’s or PhD) from an accredited academic institution in Education.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in relevant position.
- Previous experience in working with disadvantaged children, such as migrant/refugee students will be appreciated.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Greek and English.
- Knowledge of academic and/or vocational educational curricula.
- Program planning and implementation skills.
- Previous experience in projects promoting inclusive classrooms, democratic citizenship, prevention of school violence, anti-bullying will be highly appreciated.
- Knowledge of the educational environment in Greece. Institutional donors’ regulations and requirements will be appreciated.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word business software.
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with partners from Greece and abroad.
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to motivate others;
- Demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Education Programme Officer_Athens or Thessaloniki”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by September 10th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.