Job title: Educational Officer (Greek Language)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
- Provide after-school educational activities, including Greek language classes, according to refugee and migrant population needs
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum that targets and addresses the needs of different age groups of teenagers and children
- Provide homework support to children attending formal education
- Oversee distribution of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support educational, recreational and other psychosocial activities
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate referrals to available support
- Engage with parents, schools and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs
- Degree – Bachelor degree in Greek Language and Literature or Education (any subject)
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Intercultural Education or Teaching Greek as a second/foreign language will be preferred
- Native in Greek and preferably English
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural/vulnerable communities
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in managing educational programs and mainly primary education projects
- Excellent Computer skills
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills
- Knowledge of report writing
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 29, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN Educational Officer (Greek)_Thiva”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.