Location: Tilos island (Dodecanese)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
Hierarchy and Reporting lines
The Educator reports to the Team Leader and the Project Manager. (S)he is an integral part of SN Tilos field team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a daily balance of active/quiet, indoor/outdoor, and individual/group activities
- Establish and carry out a daily activity schedule that incorporate care routines and transition times.
- Organizes equipment and materials before activities.
- Use a variety of teaching techniques including modelling, observing, questioning, demonstrating, and reinforcing.
- Plan and carry out experiences that foster an understanding of a variety of cultures and value systems
- Plan and carry out joint activities that for both refugee-background and local children
- Provide experiences and play materials that actively promote diversity and acceptance in interactions and attitudes
- Participate in short and long term planning and evaluation and staff program reviews
- Learn and use the activities and skills provided to assist children in developing the necessary coping skills for addressing unique life issues
- Coordinate with other education professionals of the team;
Qualifications & skills
- Diploma in Education;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Ability to work unsupervised and at flexible working schedules;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with parents, community members
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work
- Awareness of the cultural background of Arabic speaking populations, in the context of the current people on the move emergency
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com Sunday, January 7th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “Educator_Tilos”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.