Job Title: SN Employability Advisor / Officer
Status: Full Time (morning or evening shift)
Start date: ASAP
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
- Manage a diverse portfolio of individuals who are looking to increase their employability potential, and need assistance to increase their capacity to seek and successfully pursue employment opportunities
- Provide professional employability, job matching and career management services and advice.
- Provide basic information, advice, guidance, and capacity development to individuals, tailored to their profile and career goals (including: basic IT skills, interview and presentation skills, soft-skills development, CV-building, job searching, contextual information related to the Greek labour market, etc.)
- Seek, analyse, and prioritise current employment and training opportunities.
- Use labour market information to seek and create partnerships and collaborations with potential employers and job-seeking platforms, creating further employment opportunities appropriate to the needs of the prospective job-seekers.
- Match profile and skills of prospective job-seekers to available vacancies in SN or other suitable vacancies and opportunities.
- Conduct detailed and regular job analyses to gain an understanding and provide guidance and advice on reasonable adjustments to maximise the likelihood of successful and sustainable employment. Maintain and encourage appropriate referral pathways.
- Reach out to potential employees to be aware of all openings and become first point of contact
- Carry out information sessions with varied groups of people
- Maintain a Management system (e.g. CRM or similar), case notes and other electronic files and records to a high standard to ensure that progress and relevant data are documented and reported in accordance with quality standards.
- Write reports on progress and provide insights and recommendations on improvements and revisions as needed.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Previous relevant experience in employment support, capacity building, and/or training of individuals
- Excellent case management skills and track record of delivering quality services to a large pool of beneficiaries
- Knowledge of the Greek labour market, and how to navigate it to better match opportunities with the profile and skills of a candidate
- Well organised, structured and self-disciplined, with excellent time-management skills
- Recruitment experience will be considered as an asset
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Good networking and relationship management skills.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluent in Greek and English (both written and verbal)
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Education in the career development, education, social service and/or human service related field
- Experience of employment support for people with disabilities (physical and/or mental health).
- Knowledge and experience of employment Law
- Experience with and knowledge of the NGO sector in Greece.
- Prior use of CRM software
- Knowledge of Arabic/ Farsi/French or other relevant languages is desirable
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Monday, January 01, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN ASC Employability Advisor / Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
The Athens Solidarity Centre (ASC), a joint initiative of the Open Society Foundations and SolidarityNow (SN), is an innovative operational response to the complex and varying needs of vulnerable populations in Athens. The intervention’s ultimate objective is to enhance vulnerable populations’ integration into the Greek society by empowering them and cultivating feelings of solidarity, tolerance, and respect among the different communities living in the centre of the city. The ASC along with the Thessaloniki Solidarity Centre – successfully operating since January 2014 – consist the backbone of SN’s strategy to alleviate the suffering of the needy while actively working towards a more proactive, open, and democratic society. The ASC offers space to new and existing civil society organizations in Greece, facilitating community solutions to pressing social and economic problems. The ASC addresses the unique needs of local communities it operates within and caters for all regardless of their nationality, religion, origins and social status. Addressing these needs demands an innovative and holistic approach, including strong synergies amongst partners.
SN manages the centre, provides services directly, and coordinates activities implemented through 5 NGO partners (PRAKSIS, “Network of Children’s Rights”, “Together for Children”, Babel and Fainareti) and the Greek Asylum Service. Services provided at ASC encompass the following areas: Welfare support (SN), Legal Aid (SN), Medical, Employability, Child Care Centre (SN), Counselling Centre and the Advice Helpline of “Together for Children” (11525). The overall effort is being implemented with the support of and in close coordination with the Municipality of Athens, and is financed by the Open Society Foundations and the EU Employment and Social Innovation (EaSI) programme. The ASC is based opposite the Athens Railway Station (known as “Larissa Station”).
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.