Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Reports To: Team Leader
The Child Friendly Space Facilitator acts as the coordinator of the nursery space for toddlers and children up to 4 Years old. She facilitates access and ensures overall smooth functioning of the space and she is responsible for the well-being of the children under their care. She must monitor the children all day to ensure that they play and interact with one another in a safe and appropriate manner. A part of the role will involve providing the children with an exciting, educational, and fun curriculum. The duties also include coming up with creative and educational activities, preparing and serving snacks to children and maintaining a clean environment. The Child Friendly Space Facilitator’s responsibilities include infant care, change diapers and feed children between the ages of 0 to 4, guidance to parents, and encouraging the development of young children.
We are looking for a warm and caring person, who enjoys working with children, and also with other adults as part of a team.
- Providing infant care, such as holding and rocking babies, preparing bottles and feeding babies, changing diapers, and providing emotional support, physical comfort, and social interaction.
- Ensuring the children have good hygiene
- Ensuring care center environments remain safe and child-friendly
- Cleaning interactive areas throughout the day
- Preparing meals and snacks for the kids
- Organizing activities and developing curriculum for older children
- Developing a schedule for the children to be maintained throughout the day
- Keeping records of each child’s progress, interests and any problems that may occur
- Maintaining contact with the children’s parents and contacting them in the case of an emergency
- Use a wide range of teaching methods ((storytelling, media, indoor or outdoor games, drawing etc) to enhance the child’s abilities
- Evaluate children’s performance to make sure they are on the right learning track
- Identify behavioral problems and determine the right course of action
- Collaborate with other colleagues
- Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Relevant University/IEK Degree (Nursery School Teacher/Nurse)
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred
- Minimum one-year professional experience in similar position
- Experience in community mobilization
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Excellent patience and stamina for keeping up with the demands of children of all ages
- Advanced multitasking and organizational skills to handle multiple children at a time
- Patience, flexibility and love for children
- Methodical and creative
- Well organized and efficient
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Valid CPR and first-aid certifications
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Field working experience in camps/temporary settlements of refugee/migrant population
- Engagement in refugee focused projects
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to:
email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “CFS Facilitator_ Serres”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by October 14th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.