Become a Computer and Network Technician Now!
Technology and computers are now a part of our everyday life. Most of jobs today require the handling of computers and other devices. There is an even bigger need for specialized knowledge of computer support.
SolidarityNow, a certified CISCO Networking Academy, gives you the opportunity to study and prepare for Computer Engineering positions with the skills required in the market now!
Whom does the program address?
The Cisco IT Essentials Education Program: PC Hardware and Software is addressed to everyone.
It enables those who follow it to be a step ahead in the labor market and to obtain the necessary skills to work as computer and network technicians in environments such as businesses, public services, educational institutions, or freelancers in the field of technical computer support.
The program includes:
- Practical training
- Complete Cisco-approved educational material
- Access to the Cisco Learning Platform
Why is this a seminar for me? What does it provide?
During the seminar you will learn how to build, repair, format and support a computer, how to build computer networks for small and medium businesses, how to install operating systems such as Windows and Linux, how to deal with a malfunction, but also clean up computers and mobiles from viruses and malware.
At the end of the seminar you will be able to work as: IT support technician, IT Administrator, Computer Technician, Computer Sales Officer, Computer Help Desk, System Administrator, Network Administrator, IT Specialist, IT Engineer. In addition, you will have all the knowledge to advance your career in more specialized networking issues.
Along with the latest equipment and with a series of regular assessment tests and guidance from instructors with 15 years of experience in the field of technology, you will gain competitive knowledge and at the same time you will prepare for the final certification process.
After the successful completion of the seminar and the related examinations, participants will receive a Cisco Certification Notice.
In the educational context, it is possible to participate and prepare for exams leading to formal certification so that one can work as a computer and network technician.
In addition, those who have attended the Cisco IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software courses can easily continue CCNA courses.
Certified Cisco Information Technology Essential Expert – CCITEE
The training consists of 70 hours with a duration of approximately 2 months. The specific days and hours of the lessons will be announced to the participants.
Educational program – Syllabus
During the seminar the trainers, under the supervision of an instructor, will learn:
- Methods to assemble a PC
- Format and installing windows and linux on PC and all necessary drivers to run other devices
- Latest hardware
- Ways of protecting machines, mobiles, laptops and materials
- To handle professional equipment and tools, such as screwdrivers, pliers, etc, required for computer technicians
- To deal with real damage scenarios and ways to solve them with professional technical support and they will have:
- Access to Cisco Networking Academy’s specialized e-learning platform that provides access to multiple-choice content and questions with immediate scoring and flagging of errors to be examined under the guidance of the trainer
- Cisco Virtual Desktop and Cisco Virtual Laptop tools for familiarization with PC hardware as well as assembly process
The syllabus includes:
First part – Basic
- Introduction to Personal Computer
- Secure PC Usage Procedures
- Assembling, Detecting & Solving Computer Errors
- Solving computer hardware and software problems and malfunctions
- Operating Systems
- Laptops & Portable Devices
- Printers & Scanners
- Personal Network and Communication Security
- Communication Skills
2nd part – Advanced
- Installation of Operating Systems and software
- Multi-user, multi-tasking operating systems such as Linux, Windows 2000, NT and XP
- Printers & Scanners
- Advanced Networking & Networking issues
- Advanced Computer Security Issues
Entry criteria – prerequisites
- 20-25 hours / week of studying are required. If you do not have enough time, this is not the program for you.
- Projects and tasks will be given to you every week. If you don’t do the projects, you cannot attend the lesson. Each subsequent lesson is based on the previous one.
- Following 8 hours / week of lessons is required.
- The seminar will last for 2 months. You must be in Athens to follow it.
- The program is offered to all, regardless of nationality.
- A genuine interest for Computers and networks is required.
- Good knowledge of English is required.
- An initial level of PC knowledge is required.
Participation in seminars is free of charge for all participants.
The seminar will take place at the Intercultural Center Diadromes at 26 Boukouvala str. in Ampelokipoi– in collaboration with Almasar and the support of the Development Forum.
*The project is implemented with the support of the Hellenic American Union (Cisco Academy Support Center and Instructor Training Center), and also the support of the largest networking company, CISCO.
Join the program NOW and submit your participation, by sending the following online form
Deadline: May 27th
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
An educational initiative of:
With the support of: