Τοποθεσία: Katerini, Serres, Drama, Kavala, Oinofyta, Thiva, Ritsona, Thermopyles
Position: SN Female Friendly Space Facilitator
Locations: Katerini, Serres, Drama, Kavala, Oinofyta, Thiva, Ritsona, Thermopyles
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
The Female Friendly Space Facilitator acts as the coordinator of the space for women and girls. She facilitates access and ensures overall smooth functioning of the space; she conducts tailored psychosocial activities, identifies protection needs and works with other team members in providing support (including counseling and referrals); she encourages the participation of women and girls in group and individual activities (including awareness-raising on SGBV issues, among other themes, and skills-building sessions), so as to facilitate their overall integration and wellbeing in Greece.
Position within the Organization:
Hierarchical Responsible: Team Leader
- Maintains a comfortable and safe environment where women and girls can participate in psychosocial activities and receive appropriate support, while also including toddlers with their mothers in the services provided
- Prepares and implements structured activities for women, girls and mother-child, including the design of weekly schedules and timetables, through a participatory approach, tailored to their needs, skills and cultural diversities
- Identifies protection and other support needs and refers them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers
- In coordination with the team’s social scientists, assists in case management and provision of psychosocial support to vulnerable women and girls
- Carries out awareness raising sessions focusing on gender issues/GBV, Health/Hygiene, Nutrition, Livelihoods, Skills-building etc. Other group activities may include informal trainings, counselling, discussions, information-sharing, art therapy, playtime etc.
- Carries out community mobilization around the FFS by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives
- Liaises with other service providers onsite and follows referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiaries
- Keeps accurate attendance records and reports in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
Required qualifications and skills
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or Political Sciences
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for women and girls
- Good understanding of human rights, gender equality, child-marriage, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations
- Experience in community mobilization
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player and able to handle pressure well.
- Well organized and efficient
- Fluency in Greek and English required
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word business software
- Good report writing skills
- Adhere to and promote GBV guiding principles
- Possess empowering imagination!
- Experience in case management procedures
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through previous assignments (volunteer or paid) in women’s groups, or other relevant experience.
- Field working experience in camps/temporary settlements of refugee/migrant population
- Engagement in refugee focused projects
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN FFS Facilitator/location for which you are interested to apply”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 25th January 2019
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.