Starting Date: ASAP (sick leave cover)
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – Job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports To: Regional Director N. Greece
The Female Friendly Space Facilitator acts as the coordinator of the space for women and girls. She facilitates access and ensures overall smooth functioning of the space; she conducts tailored psychosocial activities, identifies protection needs and works with other team members in providing support (including referrals); she encourages the participation of women and girls in group and individual activities (including awareness-raising on SGBV issues, among other themes, and skills-building sessions), so as to facilitate their overall integration and wellbeing of Ukrainian beneficiaries.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains a comfortable and safe environment where women and girls can participate in psychosocial activities and receive appropriate support, while also including toddlers with their mothers in the services provided
- Prepares and implements structured activities for women, girls and mother-child, including the design of weekly schedules and timetables, through a participatory approach, tailored to their needs, skills and cultural diversities
- Identifies protection and other support needs and refers them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers
- Carries out awareness raising sessions focusing on gender issues/GBV, Health/Hygiene, Nutrition, Livelihoods, Skills-building etc. Other group activities may include informal trainings, group discussions, information-sharing, art therapy, leisure time activities, playtime etc.
- Carries out community mobilization around the FFS by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives
- Liaises with other service providers onsite and follows referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiaries
- Keeps accurate attendance records and reports in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to
email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “FFS Facilitator_ Serres”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than August 08th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.