Position: Finance Administrator
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Job Description: The Finance Administrator assists the Finance team, making sure that all documentation that is handed to the Accounting department to be processed is complete and accurate and, in cooperation with the Head of Finance and Financial Controller, liaises with the other departments and structures with regards to their adherence to financial procedures. Occasional travel may be required.
Invoice and Procedure Control
- The Finance Administrator checks all documentation that is handed to the Accounts departments and according to the corresponding procedure manuals and agreements with each donor ensures that all documentation required by donors as per their eligibility guides is present, accurate and complete with regards to
- Signatures required
- Budget Codes
- Tax Laws
- Wherever there are errors or pending information/documents for the above, the Finance Administrator will take corrective action liaising with those responsible.
- The Finance Administrator trains and informs existing and new staff on procedures, making sure that they are understood and adhered to according to each donor’s requirements, also keeping everyone updated on any changes to these.
Ad hoc accounting tasks
- The Finance Administrator may perform other accounting tasks at times of high workload including, but not limited to: accounting entries, reconciliations, miscellaneous checks (accounts, contracts, fixed assets, expenses etc.), filing.
- At least University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field (Master’s degree will be considered as an asset);
- 3-5 years of work experience in a Finance or Accounting role;
- Experience of at an NGO and/or European Programs, budgeting and reporting would be an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills as the role demands extensive interaction with other departments and people of all levels;
- Good knowledge of latest Greek Tax and Accounting Policies and Standards and associated regulatory issues and trends and double entry bookkeeping;
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software packages (knowledge of Union Accounting Software and Microsoft accounting solutions would be an asset)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Strong language skills (both written and oral) in Greek and English;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn;
- Professional attitude towards work;
- Pro-active and results oriented
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Finance Administrator_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 9th of June 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.