Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full-Time/ Fixed term (3 months)
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children.
The post holders are responsible for the successful implementation of all teaching activities for the target group population. Under the guidance of the Project Manager, they will perform vigorous follow-up and get directly involved in the implementation of different educational activities related to the beneficiaries of SolidarityNow, upon language teaching.
- Implement educational classes, per the refugee/migrant population needs, both adults and children, on Greek language, using methodologies from the Greek as a second/foreign language field.
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of children and teenagers.
- Provide homework support for the children who attend formal education.
- Update and maintain effective workplans and lesson plans.
- Perform assessment to students to track their progress upon guidance.
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking, and reporting of classes.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy.
- Support educational, recreational and various activities.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid.
- Degree – Bachelor degree in Greek language desired educational studies
- Degree- Masters degree in Teaching Greek as a second/foreign language is highly desirable
- Excellent level of English
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and/or educational administration
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural communities
- Experience in teaching in multicultural environments
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Full-time Educator_ Greek Language_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than by 4th of February 2024.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
The project “INtegration: Through school into community” is implemented in collaboration with the General Secretariat for Vulnerable Citizens and Institutional Protection and the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and aims at the integration of refugees and migrants by providing education and access to the labor market services for refugee/migrant adults, children, including unaccompanied minors, youth and their parents. The program is funded by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA) 2014-2021, within the GR-G Program entitled “Capacity Building of National Asylum and Migration Management Systems”. The European and Development Programs Management Agency of the Ministry of Citizen Protection in collaboration with UDI acts as the Programme Operator.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.