Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
- To ensure equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary and reports defects and malfunctions to the Operations (Fleet officer).
- To clean light fittings and to test lighting systems weekly replacing where necessary minor parts such as bulbs, in accordance with safe working practices.
- To maintain appropriate records including repair orders etc.
- To report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply, or where not immediately available technical services or regular contractors, and report minor faults on site to the Operations (Fleet Officer).
- Perform maintenance and light repairs, routine landscaping on the grounds
- Repair equipment or appliances
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. shoveling snow)
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- To undertake handypersons duties as directed by the Operations (Fleet officer).
- Proven experience as handyman
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing etc.
- Basic math skills
- Good communication ability
- Greek Speaker with English. Additional Farsi or Arabic Knowledge will be considered an additional asset
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Handyman_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Monday 22th of May 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.