Position: Head of Accountants
Location: Athens (Nationwide Travel might be requested)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Perform project cost, budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to HQ.
- Review & approve payment vouchers.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives
- Confirms financial status
- Maintains accounting controls by defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Establishing internal controls.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the set up.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Report on Activities regarding the department
- Education: University Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; (M.B.A or Master’s degree will be considered as an asset)
- Good understanding of financial and accounting policies, standards and associated regulatory issues and in Compliance with Greek Accounting Standards;
- Work experience with community development projects and/or NGOs would be an advantage. (Work experience of at least 10 years is required)
- Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels.
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral) in Greek and English;
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and in general Microsoft Office
- Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn
- Professional attitude towards work;
- Pro-active and results oriented;
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Accountant_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 19th of May 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.