Job Title: Interpreter – Διερμηνέας
Reporting Line: Team Leader
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
Languages: Fluent in Arabic and English or Greek
- Interpret for beneficiaries and SN staff during one to one consultations or information sessions
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally appropriate manner
Data base and Case related info management
- Filing and registering all cases and actions in a database as instructed by supervisor
- Maintain up to date hard and electronic archives
- Participate in field trips, visits and assessments as requested by supervisor
- Brief beneficiaries on running programs and inform for any relevant changes
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate beneficiaries’ access to available support
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in the above-stated language(s)
- Fluent in Greek or English
- Previous Experience in relevant position
- Familiar with refugee and migration Issues
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding
- Computer literacy & numeracy
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Field work experience e.g., in camps or temporary settlements
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN_Interpreter_Ioannina”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Closing date: Tuesday 08th November 2018
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.