Job Title: SN Interpreter – Διερμηνέας
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Provides interpretation and translation services while briefings or sessions are conducted
- Provides services in a variety of settings to include employment, education, governmental agencies, home visits, medical, legal, social service, and other settings as requested;
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally acceptable way.
- Accompany beneficiaries and team members in a variety of activities.
- Assists with office work related to interpretation or translation assignments as requested;
- Any other duties required.
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change
- Accompany team members in occasional field visits /FU visits to houses of beneficiaries
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in Arabic
- Previous Experience in Relevant Position
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in Greek or English
- Field Working Experience entry points , Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders).
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an intro Text (motivation) in English: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 10, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN_Interpreter_IOANNINA”.
PLEASE HAVE IN MIND THAT PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO FEMALE CANDIDATES
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.