Τοποθεσία: Roving/based in Athens
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Part Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during sessions on legal cases for beneficiaries of international protection (children or adults);
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during informative sessions, briefings, trainings, in courts or public services etc.;
- Provides written translation of documents to English or Greek;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, participates in field-trips and other external activities;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely;
- Respects the code of conduct of the organization, with emphasis on confidentiality;
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective Team Leader.
- Fluent in Somali and English/Greek
- Familiar with refugee and migration Issues
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding
- Computer literacy & numeracy
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Interpreter Somali”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by July 4st, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.