Job Title: Social Worker – Kοινωνικός Λειτουργός
Status: Full Time
Position Summary: The Social Worker is expected to provide psychosocial support, assess the needs, ensure proper case management for beneficiaries; identify vulnerabilities and refer to available services, accompany beneficiaries to different services.
Reporting Line: Team Leader
Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – regular contact with children
Social Services Provision
- Provide a comprehensive package of Social Services to Persons of Concern (PoC)
- Provide Face to Face counselling and guidance
- Ensure internal and external referrals are carried out effectively
- Identify vulnerable cases and facilitate their access to available support
- Accompany beneficiaries to various services, including hospitals, asylum service, tax authorities etc
- Conduct regular home visits
- Prepare individual and family social plan
Data-base and case-related information management
- Complete and maintain brief and full social history
- Prepare reports as required (daily, weekly, monthly)Other Duties
- Collaborate with other actors (Public Sector, national and international NGOs) to link project beneficiaries with required services
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive case management
- Organize group activities for beneficiaries to support their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
- Escorts to hospitals and responding to emergency requests
Required qualifications and skills
- Social Worker or other degree in Social Science, such as psychology, sociology
- Minimum 1-year of relevant experience (at least 6 months supporting refugee and migrant populations)
- Familiar with the services and mechanism provided in Athens
- Familiar with refugee and migration issues
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Ability to work with interpreter
- Fluent in Greek and English (both written and spoken)
- Field work experience, e.g. in camps or temporary settlements
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups
- Knowledge of Arabic, French or Farsi
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject: Social Worker _Athens.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Closing date: Tuesday 30th October 2018
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.