Location: Attica – Urban and Camps
Transportation to the site will be provided, leaving each Morning from Athens Solidarity Center (Across Metro Station: Larissis Station)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
SN is seeking for a qualified and experienced lawyer to manage legal cases to be followed up onsite and provide legal counseling to asylum seekers, refugees and migrants, as regards to their rights as third-country nationals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide individual legal counselling and undertake case management of children, families and GBV survivors (services varying from information provision to court representation);
- Deliver legal info sessions on the asylum procedures, civil and social rights and other integration-related issues in Greece
- Provide legal assistance and liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documents to persons of concern (birth certificates, tax numbers, work permits etc);
- Identify protection and other support needs and refer them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers when/where appropriate
- In coordination with other team colleagues, assist in overall case management and provision of support to children, families and GBV survivors;
- Liaise with other service providers onsite and follow referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiary/ies;
- Keep accurate records and report in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures;
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
- Law Degree and minimum five years of progressive experience in practicing law, of which at least three years in the field of refugee/migration law and human rights law;
- Excellent knowledge of international refugee law, EU asylum and migration law;
- Strong knowledge of protection issues related to refugee children, families and GBV survivors;
- Good knowledge of administrative, welfare and criminal law;
- High professional ethics;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with vulnerable individuals of all ages, background and diversity;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility;
- Strong team player;
- Computer literate & numerate;
- Well organized and efficient, flexible and able to handle pressure well;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
- Good report writing skills;
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and GBV guiding principles;
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, May 13th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN_CFSH Lawyer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.