Job Title: SN/ASC Lawyer – Δικηγόρος
Status: Full Time (morning or evening shift)
Position within the Organization:
Hierarchical Responsible: Legal Service Team Leader
Functioning Lines: ASC Deputy, Team Leaders, ASC Officers, Social Workers, Legal Aid Team Members, SN Accommodation Projects, Implementing Partners Social Services
Legal Services Provision
- Provide legal assistance in administrative procedures regarding issuing of birth certificate, tax number, work permit and the like
- Handle the identified legal cases from the sites
- Undertake legal cases and legally represent to the court (depending on the availability of resources in this area) following an approval from Team Leader
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Provide individual counselling on e.g. the asylum procedure/international protection/refugee laws and individual rights follow up on cases regarding the European Relocation scheme, Family Reunification, and other cases that need legal assistance
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the DataBase appropriate tools as requested by Team Leader
- Brief and Full Social -Legal History taking
- Updating the hard and electronic files per case
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the above mentioned tasks
- Work with mobile teams to provide basic outreach information on refugee legal rights to beneficiaries
- Work cohesively with other Social Services colleagues to ensure referrals are made efficiently and in a confidential manner, in kind aid or any other additional provision available is properly facilitated
- Participate in Field Trips and Assessments as requested and directed by Supervisor
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change
- Perform other duties, related to the basic Job Description as requested by the Supervisor
Required qualifications and skills
- Legal Studies Degree, Barrister
- 3-5 years working experience in practicing Law, at least 1 year of court experience
- Cross Cultural Awareness and sensitiveness
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of War,Torture, Gender-based Violence and the sensitivities and confidentiality measures that this involves.
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal, teamworking & communications skills
- High professional ethics, including strict confidentiality of clients
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Field Working Experience entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Law (Asylum processes, Relocation –new Law, Dublin Regulation, family reunification) Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g. Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs, as well as Civil Society organizations or initiatives will be considered as a strong advantage
- Knowledge of French is considered an asset
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN/ASC Lawyer ”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 13th of May 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.