Position: Logistics Officer
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|The job holder does not have contact with children|
Reporting to Supply Chain & Logistics Director
In charge of planning the relevant business framework in order to make sure that goods and assets reach their destinations safely, securely, and on-time, in the most efficient way. Transportation and assets management, governs transportation and storage of goods and assets’, sets KPIs and secures follow up.
- Review Asset Management Policy, maintain goods/assets’ list, train logistic delegates in SN’ camps/centers.
- Plan warehouse and distribution centers for efficiency in both operations and capacity, issue all necessary policies, set KPIs.
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to improve efficiency of logistics operation and/or conduct market research/bids based on current Procurement Policy concerning logistic and warehouse management.
- Organize transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary.
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways.
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule.
- Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes
- Evaluate suppliers, identifies and develops strategies for addressing logistical barriers, monitors use of materials and resources, and ensures quality record keeping.
- 360 procurement of specific categories of goods/assets/services .
Skills and Qualifications:
Attention to detail, Strong time management skills, Communication skills, Ability to work well with others, Organization skills, Quality management skills, Works well with deadlines, Knowledge of logistics systems, understanding of transportation limitations and regulations, Ability to contribute individually to greater goal, Planning skills, Understanding of transportation, warehouse as well as assets’ issues.
- BA Degree in Finance, Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar level qualification
- At least 2 years work in logistics and supply chain management, experience in procurement, contract management.
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications and databases such as; MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Knowledge of computerized procurement systems will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- NGO experience, as well as experience with intl donors will be considered as a strong plus.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN Logistic Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 15th February 2019
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply