Τοποθεσία: Athens, SN Headquarters
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder will have no contact with children.
The Procurement / Logistics Officer is expected to support the necessary processes which are related to the administrative, logistics and supply aspects for programs organized or supported by SolidarityNow. The role is expected to be dual according to SN’s needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Procurement Officer:
- Organization’s official Buyer, purchasing goods and services according to internal Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Perform market research.
- Evaluate offers both quantitatively and qualitatively and cooperate effectively with suppliers.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Keep informed all interested parties as for their purchase request; ensure that the cooperation between all involved departments (Programs, Logistics, Finance) runs efficiently.
- Issue Purchase Orders.
- Prepare call for tenders in collaboration with the Head of the Unit and the Lawyer of SN.
- Maintain and review all relevant procurement records in a meticulous way.
- 360 follow-up of the categories of purchases of goods and services she/he is assigned to by the organization.
- Contract Management
As a Logistics Officer:
- Assist with the inventory process and its update in collaboration with the Asset and Logistic Officer (Asset Inventory and Warehouse Management).
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways.
- Business planning framework responsible for making sure products reach their destinations safely, securely, and on-time.
- University Degree (any technical university degree, BA in Economics/Finance/ Supply Chain Management or in Business Administration).
- Fluent in Greek and English.
- Strong IT skills, specially Microsoft Office 365
- At least 2 years of experience in procurement, preferably in an NGO context.
- Driving license – Category B
- Deep understanding of NGOs needs and funding.
- Ability to contribute individually to greater goal.
- Strong organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management skills; work well with deadlines.
- Familiar with the Greek market and its functions.
- Communication skills; active listener, able to understand information and requirements and to explain policies and procedures in simple terms.
- Good team worker.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Procurement / Logistics officer_HQ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by June 20th.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.