Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder will have no contact with children.
Supply Chain & Logistics Director
The Procurement / Logistics Officer is expected to support the necessary processes which are related to the administrative, logistics or supply aspects for programs organized or supported by SolidarityNow.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organization’s official Buyer, purchasing goods and services according to internal Procurement Policies and Procedures
- Assists in all administrative and logistic aspects of SolidarityNow projects
- 360 follow-up of the categories of purchases of goods and services she/he is assigned to by the organization.
- Performs market researches.
- Evaluates offers both quantitatively and qualitatively and cooperates effectively with suppliers.
- Negotiates with suppliers.
- Issues invoices and purchase orders and signs Goods Receipt Notes.
- Communicates internally and externally with all stakeholders (with departments requesting the purchase, lawyers, vendors/suppliers).
- Maintains and reviews all relevant records in a meticulous way.
- Ensures that the cooperation between the involved departments (logistics, finance) runs efficiently: participate and follow up on a transparent procurement requests/offer system in cooperation with HQs and other field staff.
· University Degree (any technical university degree, BA in Economics/Finance/ Supply Chain Management or in Business Administration).
· Fluent in English.
- Strong IT skills.
- At least 3 years of experience preferably in an NGO context.
· Strong organization and communication skills.
- Deep understanding of NGOs needs and funding.
- Multi-tasking, with an ability to work under tight deadlines and within constraints.
- Results oriented.
- Familiar with market and its functions.
- Active listener, able to understand information and requirements and to explain policies and procedures in simple terms.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good prioritization skills and flexibility.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com, mentioning in the email subject “Procurement and Logistics officer_Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by October 11th, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.