Position: Procurement Officer
Location: Athens (Nationwide Travel might be requested))
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
- Ensure the smooth and timely procurement process of all purchased items and services according to the SN Policy.
- Implement cost-effective strategies to save time through use of: framework contracts, improved coordination of purchasing and developing procurement plans.
- Conduct efficient and collaborative procurements which are corporately compliant (advice, tendering, evaluation award & contract management).
- Ensure all donors procurement procedures are related to procurement activities.
- Ensure systematic process of transporting items from suppliers to field locations, ensuring full control of movement and receipt of items.
- Ensure that the procurement processes are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure that vendor eligibility screening is carried out and updated regularly.
- Ensure logistics staff involved in procurement are fully aware of all SN procurement policy and procedures.
- Inventory management for all facility assets.
- Check service providers’ performance.
- Attend and report on external meetings with local partners, NGOs and other actors.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar level qualification
- Proven experience of a minimum of three years in humanitarian logistics (in international NGOs) with progressively senior management responsibilities;
- Strong knowledge of donor guidelines and regulations, compliance requirements and procedures (UNHCR, ECHO).
- Working experience in logistics and procurement management within NGOs and experience in managing a diverse team in an often-stressful environment.
- Excellent planning and decision making capabilities and excellent ability to execute systems.
- Experience in managing and leading other staff teams.
- Ability to multitask, think creatively and work with little supervision in an often-stressful environment.
- Very good reporting skills.
- Ability to establish harmonious working relations in an international and multicultural environment and manage a diverse and growing team.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel and MS Word
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Procurement Officer_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Tuesday 20th of February 2018. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.