Position: Full Time
Starting Date: ASAP
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder does not have regular contact with children
The Programmes Department
The Programs Department lies at the heart of the organisation’s work and carries out work, across sector areas, aligned with the organisation’s strategic priorities: a) Safety and protection, b) Catalysing livelihoods opportunities, c) Strengthening the independence of civil society.
More specifically, the Department is responsible for:
- the implementation and monitoring of projects;
- project design (including identification of funding opportunities and preparation of concept notes and project proposals); and
- developing and managing partnerships;
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing and designing new projects – through the preparation of concept notes, project proposals and log frames.
- Coordinating project implementation for, inter alia, EU funded projects.
- Preparing and managing project budgets.
- Building partnerships for funding applications and to develop project synergies.
- Communicating with donors regularly to develop programmes and report on those implemented.
- Regularly communicating with other organisations, public authorities, grassroots organisations.
- Carrying out administrative actions relating to the implementation of projects.
- Preparing and reviewing financial and other documentation to support audits.
- Leading the project opening and closure (evaluation) process
- Preparing internal and external reports
- Representing the organisation nationally and internationally in relevant I including regular working groups and thematic conferences
- Managing project data (in collaboration with Monitoring & Evaluation Manager)
- Working closely with other departments within the organisation as required
Job Requirements / Skills Required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in relevant field (i.e., Humanities, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Law or relevant field)
- Sound programmatic knowledge of any of the following priority areas will be highly appreciated: Migration, Education, Youth, Employment, Unaccompanied Minors
- Sound knowledge and experience of NGO humanitarian/development program cycle management and experience of working within a complex organisational structure
- Project management skills regarding development, staffing, budgeting and scheduling
- Good knowledge of Greek and international humanitarian systems, institutions, donors and procedures
- Excellent writing skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan
- Ability to take on new initiatives
- Fluency in Greek and English, proficiency in other languages desirable
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel etc.)
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Programme Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by August 22nd, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.