Starting Date: ASAP (maternal leave cover)
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – Job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports To: Regional Director N. Greece
The post holder is responsible for the successful coordination of UKRAINE EMERGENCY RESPONSE Program of UNICEF in the region of Serres and Thessaloniki, under the guidance of the Regional Director of N. Greece, for which he/she will multitask, perform vigorous follow-up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the beneficiaries of the project, as well as the supervision of the teams.
- Coordinate the operational and administrative actions, ensuring that planned activities are implemented according to the approved project documents, in close cooperation with project staff, HQ teams and partners, in compliance with contractual obligations and in accordance with SolidarityNow’s Policies and Procedures.
- Communication and coordination with SN departments to ensure the effective implementation of the project.
- Supervision and direct management of project staff.
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators.
- Elaborating and following implementation plans and timetables.
- Producing progress, activity and other reports as per request and ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and share project reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Conducting field visits/work and participating in field activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Contributing to the development of management, logistics, administrative and monitoring tools and techniques for staff members.
- Perform any other tasks related to the implementation of the project as requested.
- Identify psychosocial and mental health needs and provide individualized support to women and children.
- Provide psychological support and empowerment, through individual and group sessions, psychosocial activities and workshops, using life coaching techniques.
- Organize and facilitate group psychosocial support activities on a broad range of issues for women and children as part of the life skills development and integration process. Encourage peer-to-peer support.
- Perform first response duties and undertake referral(s) to other services, as needed.
- Cooperate with interpreters where needed for the provision of services and activities;
- Regular and ad hoc reporting and data keeping.
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution, in Psychology, as well as Psychologist Permission of Work.
- More than 5 years of experience in a similar position, providing psychological support to vulnerable groups.
- Expertise in Child Protection cases
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand different vulnerabilities, needs and capacities of men, women, boys and girls.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills.
- Fluent in English and Greek (both written and spoken).
- Proven management experience
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Project Manager-Senior Psychologist_ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than August 08th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.